The New Me

I'm a working wife and mom-of-three to Xav and our twin girls -Yzzy and Zoey. We call them our "XYZ".

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

On My Nesting Stage

I've been physically tired lately. I know I can't walk too much anymore, but since it was the holiday season - I was driving a lot, visiting families and friends, strolling malls and doing my final shopping for hours and hours! One time, I even borrowed my grandmother's wheelchair just to be able to shop non-stop! But even though I’ve been worn-out physically, my mind won’t rest at all. All I want to do now is to prepare for THE BIG DAY! Since I already know that my delivery will be on February 8, I want to be fully ready with everything. Especially when baby decides to come out earlier than expected. My mind is never exhausted thinking if there are other things I must prepare by now and I just knew yesterday (from my Aunt) that it's called the "Nesting Phase" of pregnancy! Wow! I'm amazed how every experience is labeled in pregnancy! I thought I was just having my normal OCD attacks!

We had a first run of baby shopping at Baby Company - Power Plant Mall a few months ago. With the help of their baby checklist we were able to identify the things we need the most, the things we can buy a little later after the baby is born and the things most people will give as gifts. Then I waited for all my baby shower, birthday and Christmas parties, to be over so I can open all the gifts and cross out some of the remaining items from our baby checklist. Wise! We were able to avoid buying too much items. Then, since we have a gift registry at SM Makati, we were entitled for a 10% discount on all regular priced stuff at SM! That’s a good deal we wanted to take advantage with, so we had our final baby shopping completed at SM Department Store before the expiration of our gift registry. Check out the “Checklist” tab for my personal Baby Shopping Checklist!

Baby Shopping = Done.



Next important thing I did was to gather all documents I will be needing during and after the delivery especially for my Maternity Benefit Claim: PhilHealth, SSS, Medicard and Company requirements. I have all the forms and IDs now and I also filed a Maternity Leave at work on the dates of my absence to avoid  inconvenience with my pay and any other deliverables at work. Check out the “Checklist” tab for my personal Documents Checklist!

Documents = Done.



I already packed my hospital bag including the necessary baby stuff! They are now inside the car! Check out the “Checklist” tab for my personal Hospital Bag Checklist!

Hospital Bag = Done.



Then I found myself finally fixing the nursery room! Yey! Thanks to my loving brother for buying us a crib. It’s a Cuddle Bug wooden crib convertible to a toddler bed for kids up to 5 years of age. I also bought RoomMates Decal in amazon.com to have some designs on the walls. They actually have them in Rustan’s for around P4,000 -P5,000 and they are reusable! Brother-in-law also bought the crib bedding set! I have organized the baby’s clothes, linens, toys, books, toiletries, diapers, accessories, etc. etc. Everything is now on its place!

Nursery Room = Almost Done.





I find my “Nesting Phase” very very therapeutic. I love organizing stuff and I loved it even more because I’m preparing for our first born son! I’ll post a final picture of the nursery room when we are “almost there”!

No comments:

Post a Comment