The New Me

I'm a working wife and mom-of-three to Xav and our twin girls -Yzzy and Zoey. We call them our "XYZ".

Monday, November 21, 2011

To Lamaze or not to Lamaze?


They say that Lamaze provides evidence-based healthy birth practices for a healthy pregnancy, childbirth and labor. Since my doctor said that I’ll deliver our baby in the natural way, I thought of checking out the Lamaze room of Medical City. The best thing about delivering your baby there is that you get to bring your husband or anyone in your family or friends inside the room - although you are only allowed to bring one person at a time. It’s a very sterile room, so your guest should be in a lab gown. You can stay there from labor to the actual delivery. 

The rate is PHP30K for the first 6 hours then PHP935/hour on the succeeding hours. That includes Delivery Fee, Surgical Prep, Anesthesia, and Recovery for 2 hours. It doesn't include Doctor's Professional Fee, Pedia, Nursery and etc. You still need to get a room after where you will stay overnight. You wouldn’t know how long your labor is going to be, so be prepared for longer hours (Ouch!). 
Viewing Time

Delivery Suite is the most expensive birthing room in Medical City. You can stay there from labor to delivery - you can even have your C-Section inside, no need to transfer you to the Delivery Room if there will be an emergency CS.

This is my room!

Lamaze Room in Pink and Purple Theme

For your audience!

I wonder what will be in HBO that time!

Due to my low tolerance over pain, I'm still not sure if I can do the Lamaze technique but what’s good to know is that even if you don’t plan to deliver in Lamaze technique (meaning you need epidural/anesthesia and all), you may still use the room. I badly wanted that room! I want my hubby to be there when I scream ha ha ha!  It’s going to be a perfect experience for him too. He can cut the baby’s cord himself and all. 

The bad thing is – Lamaze room in Medical City has a first come, first serve system. Of course you can’t make reservations on the exact date when. If you’re getting the Lamaze room, you also have to pray really hard not to have an emergency C-Section. They will transfer you to the Delivery room if you have to undergo CS because they don’t perform that operation in the Lamaze room, thus leaving your hubby/companion behind plus paying the Lamaze room and the additional rate of the Delivery room usage (Double ouch!).

I’m crossing my fingers now!

No comments:

Post a Comment