The New Me

I'm a working wife and mom-of-three to Xav and our twin girls -Yzzy and Zoey. We call them our "XYZ".

Friday, November 18, 2011

No Planned C-Section For Moi!


I know it sounds crazy and everyone would tell me that a normal delivery is way better than a cesarean section but let me tell you why I’m seriously considering going through an incision in my belly instead of popping the baby. 

One word: PAIN.

The thought of going through the pain of labor is killing me already. I have an unbelievable low tolerance over pain. Every time I talk to people who underwent CS, they all gave me the same ideas. It’s not painful at all. People might say that recovery is painful afterwards, but according to my doctor friend, the advancement of our medicines now is different from 20 years ago. I even know one person who went back to work 2 weeks after CS and she’s just doing fine. I just thought that C-Section delivery is not bad at all. 

This morning I went to tell my OB that I’m considering a scheduled CS. She said they’re not allowed to do that. Obviously she didn’t agree with me. My doctor will help me cope up with pain in labor (an epidural maybe) but she said something that made me realize that normal delivery is way better. 

“It’s a natural way of life. Think of all other women who went through the same thing. They are still alive now and very happy.” 

So now I should be ready for my natural birth plan! If they can do it, I can do it too! I will just fast forward my thoughts to holding our baby in my arms. That makes me feel so much better now.  All pain shall pass. Of course, it’s still within God’s control. What’s important now is not the pain but to deliver the baby safely. God will give us what’s best for our family.

So yeah, I’ll bring it on… (breathing in, breathing out)

7 comments:

  1. Ok, let's see what the good thing about CS could be, hmm... I can only think of that you won't be able to feel pain when you deliver the baby, but obviously it's more painfull that you think. Cause when you get a CS, you won't be able to move very much after (actually your not allowed to move around or carry the baby for 6 intire weeks, so i won't recommend CS.

    Yeah I know that your scared of giving normal birth to the baby, but what the hell, I gave normal birth and I'm actually quite shorter than you are and the father to my child i scandinavian with means that the baby wont be just as small, like filipino baby.

    I gave birth to a baby that was 7,5 pounds, and that's normal here in Denmark.

    Anyway to get back to the start, don't be afraid of the pain, it wont last like forever, it's only until the baby is delivered and then you'll be out of pain again until the next baby ofc :)

    And it's easier ti recover than recover after CS.

    Epidural will only be given to you while your opening, i didn't get epidural, cause i thought, for 1000 years ago when women gave birth to their babies they didn't have that kind of medication, and they still delivered, anyhow some of them died ofc but I don't think of that ;)

    So cousin, suck it up, cause if I can do it, YOU CAN DO IT!! - Joielyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cuz! Thanks for sharing too! You have a very cute baby! Yes, I can do it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kayang-kaya mo yan.

    I find that it is a stage we go through... at some point during your pregnancy, you start getting scared of the pain... and of course you would be... because its an "unknown" place for you... but give yourself a few more weeks, and as its dawning on you that you're gonna have a baby soon, you'll get more confident about it. :)

    I was absolutely terrified at one point, and for me, watching birthing videos on youtube (you won't believe just how many there are) helped me become braver! :)

    I'm sure you'll be fine... pre-birthing jitters lang yan. ;)

    Trust me, pagdating ng 37-38 weeks, you'll do whatever it takes just to get the baby out. he he

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Steph, you sound like an expert na talaga! It's really the "unknown" I'm scared of. Maybe after having one, expert na din ako! Sundan na namin agad si baby boy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dah! Can't believe its been a year na since I've gone through what you are going through right now and magshashare na ako hehehe!

    Apart from you, your OB would know Dah kung kakayanin mo, kasi may estimate naman sila kung gaano kalaki ang baby. My doctor was very supportive when i told her that I want a normal delivery, sinigurado niyang kaya ko and malakas din loob ko noon pero nung palabas na si baby and when my water broke umalis siya sa pagkakapwesto. Kitang-kita namin na umangat pa siya, 13 hrs ako nglabor and di na daw mahihintay na bumaba at pumwesto ulit, so I needed an emergency C-section, ngrequest ako na pwede bang gising ako so half lang ng katawan ko ang numb and yun nakita ko siya agad paglabas at pag-iyak niya. no I'm not trying to make you worry, i just want to point out na hindi na ganun kadelikado ang C-section ngayon, pati ang cut maganda na rin and maayos naman nghihilom, may pabikini-bikini cut pa nga hehehe! Kinabukasan, after ng c-section, I was walking around and was nursing my baby na, maliit pa lang naman ang baby nun so di pa talaga mabigat and malikot. Im still praying na normal delivery kayo ng baby boy mo pero wag ka matakot ma-c-section kung talagang kakailanganin lang naman. :D God bless you and your baby dada! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cel!!! Thanks! Yun na nga iniisip ko dati, with the advancement of our medicine nowadays hindi na talaga delikado and C-Section but then again of course the doctors would recommend a normal delivery muna. Kahit normal or CS pa yan, parehas akong walang experience both kaya nakakatakot talaga. Pero I'm just thinking nalang yung kasama ko na si baby. I'm sure kahit anong delivery pa yan, kakayanin ko!

    Thanks for sharing. Ang cute ng baby mo. Grabe 1 year na noh? Ang bilis ng panahon. Bukas manganganak nako tapos sa isang bukas 1 year na din si baby!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Xandz! I'm happy that you're not considering a scheduled c-section anymore. Giving birth thru vaginal delivery is a great feeling. Plus, the pain is really part of the whole pregnancy thing. But I tell you, you will forget about the pain when you see your baby. Much more, if you are already holding him in your arms. -Elaine Bravo

    ReplyDelete