The New Me

I'm a working wife and mom-of-three to Xav and our twin girls -Yzzy and Zoey. We call them our "XYZ".

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

26 Weeks Along

Yey, it’s been this far! I’ve decided to create a blog for my pregnancy experience and soon-to-b e-parenting experience! Now it’s hard for me where to start. 26 weeks of being pregnant is no joke at all. Let me begin by giving you a background on this pregnancy.

Mine is considered a “high-risk” pregnancy. Why? Because I’ve had an anembryonic gestation (aka blighted ovum) last year, plus I have a uterine septum

My period is very regular and on the first day of missing it, I knew I was pregnant again. I had a little bit of spotting too, which was actually something new, so I decided to buy a pregnancy test kit. I was even at work when I did the test and true enough, it was indeed positive. 

The best of times... the worst of times…


Finding out about it made so much scared, excited, exhilarated, frightened and downright baffled. My husband and I were trying again since our US vacation last March and I’m quite surprised how fast we were able to get what we wished for. Even though I’m very very happy about the news, I knew it's not just the pregnancy I’ll have to get through – but all the emotions about ACTUALLY surviving this one.


My pregnancy test said it’s weak positive. This made me run to the nearest Ultrasound Center. Luckily there’s In My Womb at Global City, Fort Bonifacio.

The ultrasound result: NO SIGNS OF PREGNANCY


Imagine that! There’s the feeling of hope and sadness. It may still be so early that they can’t see the baby or maybe I thought… it’s happening again. We can’t do anything much but pray and wait for the next 4 weeks to arrive.


Within that 4 weeks of waiting, I was so sure I’ll miscarry again! I’ve been experiencing a lot of cramping although no spotting and all. My husband, Nash, on the other hand was very optimistic about it. He kept on telling me to wait and see first because he believed there’s a big chance it’ll be alive. But I was already looking at the possibility of losing another pregnancy and so I planned ahead of time. I scheduled the final check-up with an ultrasound that will confirm the viability of the pregnancy and decided what to do next if it’s a “no-go”. 


During the ultrasound, like all other surprising moments in my life, we heard the baby’s heartbeat! 


IT WAS HEAVEN.



My OB, Dra. Blesilda Perona of Medical City, advised me to go on a 3-week bed rest. In that 3 weeks, I was a regular customer of In My Womb The Fort. Since I was very paranoid and scared that we’ll lose the baby’s heartbeat, I had an ultrasound every weekend. It was indeed exorbitant but to hear my baby’s heartbeat was priceless.

This was when we found out I have a uterine septum


Again, there’s nothing much to do but pray for the best. I’m very lucky to have a husband who uplifts my spirit and gives me all the support I need. We pray every single night, not only for the pregnancy to continue but to make our faith stronger. 


Weeks passed by and I found myself at 26 weeks and still amazed by this wonderful miracle in our lives.


We're forever grateful!
 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Xandz, don't know if you still remember me but we were in GT together :) chanced upon your blog as an update on FB. I have a uterine septum too. And I also have very low tolerance for pain. When I had our baby, it was natural all the way. This I tell you though: KAYA MO TALAGA :) And God will show you how WONDERFULLY he engineered our body. And then you'll see your baby and you'll just say: What pain? hehe...enjoy the last stretch (no pun intended). God bless. (Enjoyed reading, by the way.)- Louanne Florendo-Pinero

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Louanne! Wow, I didn't know you had uterine septum too! Ilang weeks ka when you gave birth to your baby? They say we're high risk for premature labor and all kasi! Thanks for all encouragement. I'm getting excited na each day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, how is Dra Perona as OB?

    ReplyDelete