The New Me

I'm a working wife and mom-of-three to Xav and our twin girls -Yzzy and Zoey. We call them our "XYZ".

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

On Solids


Commercial or home-made?

I was doing my research on books and online about starting my baby on solids and was quite surprised about my learning. 

It's totally fine to give your babies commercially-packed solid food like Gerber, Earth's Best etc. I know it's hard to believe but yes, it's true. You have to relax and don't put too much pressure on preparing your own baby food. 
Don't get me wrong, I'm still convinced that giving your baby a home-made food is good. I definitely do this at home, after all, I love cooking and preparing food for my family. Plus for me, it's objectively cheaper than most of the commercial foods available in the market.

But today's baby foods come with other pluses as well. You just have to make sure you buy the brand you trust, the one that has no added sugar, salt and other fillers. Since the fruits and vegetables are cooked and packed soon after picking, you can count on retaining high proportion of their nutrients. The jarred baby foods are even prepared under strictly sanitary conditions (conditions that would be very difficult to duplicate even in your own home), you can trust their safety. I don't think they won't be in the baby food business if they didn't pass all their high quality standards.

All I'm saying is that if you are already stressing yourself out trying to be a supermom but you sometimes can't manage making or packing your own baby food especially when you're traveling, breathe and try to RELAX! If pureeing your own baby food is not for you, buying jarred baby food can be the best option available. They're easier to find, quicker to prepare, pack and can be cheaper in a long shot. There are a thousand ways to show love to your baby anyway. No ones gonna judge you just because you didn't puree your baby's food at home... not your child... not me. That doesn't make you a bad mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment