The New Me

I'm a working wife and mom-of-three to Xav and our twin girls -Yzzy and Zoey. We call them our "XYZ".

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

My Second Pregnancy with TWINS!


First of all I would like to answer your question if twins run in our family - NO. I guess I started it then! :)

Xavier is now one year and three months old. I know some of you might be surprised that my second pregnancy came too fast considering the fact that I delivered CS the first time. It was actually planned. Last February I was diagnosed with Endometriosis and one of the major complications of that is infertility. To our panic, Nash and I immediately did our homework.... 

...and viola!


What came as a surprise though was the twin pregnancy. Never would I imagine I'd be carrying two babies. My tummy was bigger this time and I repeatedly joked about having twins inside. 




The feeling of seeing them during my TVS was like a roller-coaster ride. I was super happy, scared, shocked, in-denial - all in an instant! I was worried with so many things like can I carry them, how risky it is, will I hire another yaya, can we manage three kids, when are we moving to a new house, how do I breastfeed them, what would be the genders, names etc. etc.. All of a sudden this planned pregnancy made me panic. 

Then I remembered everything about Xavier. How we managed the whole pregnancy that turned out so perfect. I remember how blissful it felt the moment I saw him and every single day of my life I'm still thankful we were blessed with such happiness. It was all worth-it. Now I can just wait and be hopeful about this pregnancy.


So how different is this twin pregnancy from my first?

For one I have a super big tummy. Everyday I am just shocked how big it is already. I'm only on my 4th month but my tummy looks like I'm on my 7th month already!


I have the worst morning sickness though my appetite is uncontrollable! I definitely feel uglier and I hate fixing myself. I feel more tired. I have headache almost everyday. I have frequent asthma attacks and most of all I miss carrying Xavier. I really miss that. 

Whatever lies ahead, I know that God planned this for our family. He will help me through this and I can do this! So please help me pray for a safe twin pregnancy. 







No comments:

Post a Comment