The New Me

I'm a working wife and mom-of-three to Xav and our twin girls -Yzzy and Zoey. We call them our "XYZ".

Friday, July 27, 2012

Bonding With Baby


I was pumping at SM Bicutan when I saw this page on the magazine. This picture is so real for all the working moms out there. This picture is so real for me.



While it's hard to accept the fact that my baby spends more time with the nanny, I do my very best to spend some "quality" time with him. The works - I make sure to call the house every now and then to talk to him over the phone (it's still a one-way process for now). I wash my hands as soon as I arrive from work and carry him right away. His excitement upon seeing us at the door makes me forget everything that happened within the day. I'm a very hands-on mom when I'm with him too. I do the bathing, feeding, talking, playing, etc. I don't even use the stroller that much when we're out. I prefer using the slings so he'd stay close to me. I'm happy that he sleeps at night after I nurse him too, it became his routine and longs for me every night. Before going to work in the morning, I pick him up from the crib and transfer him to our bed around 5AM so that we could still spend some more time sleeping together. Then when he wakes up, he sees us first and play with us!

There are so many ways to bond with your baby. Just be creative! 

It's hard to be a mom, but it's harder being a working mom! I feel like I do everything a housewife is doing plus I work hard for my family. I've never multi-tasked like this in my whole life! I may be juggling with everything for now but I believe I'm doing a good job at this parenting thing. At the end of the day, it's your family that makes all the little sacrifices and what you do for them worth-it.


No comments:

Post a Comment