The New Me

I'm a working wife and mom-of-three to Xav and our twin girls -Yzzy and Zoey. We call them our "XYZ".

Saturday, February 18, 2012

February 5, 2012: An Unexpected Arrival!

It was the night of February 4 when I was feeling gas pains all over my abdomen and I thought it has something to do with what I ate... AGAIN! I wasn't bothered by the pain, I knew I just needed some time to rest. What trickled down my urge to go to the doctor was when our friends came to visit that night and have told a horrible story about cord coil in passing. I'm the most paranoid person alive! I was telling myself that the same thing couldn't happen to me, not at that moment when I'm almost there, no, not ever. So that night I was stressing myself with the kick counts until I fell asleep.


3AM: I woke my hubby up because I was still feeling the gas pains PLUS the baby was not moving. He suggested we go to the nearest hospital only to hear the baby's heartbeat as he was sure it's not labor pain and the baby was just sleeping. We were reading the book "What To Expect When You're Expecting" at 3AM to find cure of my gas pains and check fetal movement articles but ended up driving to the hospital for peace of mind. On the way to the hospital, I felt the baby move! So we headed back at home to rest.


February 5, 2012


9:00AM - While having breakfast, I still felt gassy all over my stomach plus the kick counts were making me nervous. It must probably be maternal instinct. I knew there's something wrong and I gotta go the Pre-Labor Room.


11:00AM - In the Pre-Labor Room of The Medical City, the doctors said I was already having contractions every 3-5 minutes and my cervix was dilated 1cm. They immediately called my OB and scheduled me for a C-Section at 1PM!


Nash said it was good because I had no more time to get scared, over-think and be stressed about the  C-Section. Everything happened so fast and even though we were so prepared for the baby's coming, we felt we were not prepared! It was exciting!


1:54PM - Baby Xavier Eric B. Galang was born into this wonderful world! He was perfectly healthy at 37 weeks and 4 days. He weighs 7lbs. and measures 50cm. in length. Oh boy, I couldn't believe my eyes. He's my love at first sight!


Xavier Eric B. Galang



He's one lucky and well-loved baby! The whole Banaag and Galang family went to the hospital that afternoon just to have a sight of him! That night we had him in our room already. My husband and I said a prayer together, gazed at the baby together, cuddled him in our arms. It was pure bliss. 


The Galang Family 2012



No comments:

Post a Comment