The New Me

I'm a working wife and mom-of-three to Xav and our twin girls -Yzzy and Zoey. We call them our "XYZ".

Thursday, March 15, 2012

My Cuddle-holic Baby


While it's true that taking care of your baby is the most wonderful feeling, it can also be frustrating when you can't make your baby stop crying.  I never thought babies cry A LOT! I only see cute little pictures of them, I see them running around, playing, laughing, throwing some cute tantrums but I never imagined the reality of taking care of a newborn baby. It is difficult to a point that I sometimes feel like crying when I can't understand my baby in the middle of the night!

During the first month all he did was sleep, then cry a little when he's hungry. The hardest part was waking up every two to three hours for feeding time but pretty much that's about it. Now on his second month he's starting to be fussier and a bit irritable. My greatest problem now is that he cries when I'm not beside him or when he's not being carried. After feeding he stays awake for a while then fall asleep during burp time but when you bring him back to his crib he'll start crying again after 5 minutes of realizing you're not with him anymore. He definitely wants to be cuddled all the time!

At first I thought it was "Colic" but then he didn't have the symptoms of it. Unlike colic he immediately stops crying after feeding and cuddling. He doesn't even cry for dirty diapers! It's very challenging now for how can you discipline a 1 month old infant to stay on his crib for bedtime??? We can't let him sleep on his tummy (burping position) nor stay in our bed too, those are the common causes of S.I.D.S..I've been reading some tips on light sleeper babies and what to do when baby wants to be carried and cuddled all the time or sleep on their sides and tummies. I'm really hoping for better results!

Baby Xavier's two favorite positions while sleeping:


2 comments:

  1. Sometimes the room temperature affects the sleeping habits of baby like if the room is too cold for him babies want to be cuddled or near a warm body. Take note that our weather is changing every hour of the day and early morning is colder than in the evening.

    I suggest you check the temperature of the room or apply oil in his feet, stomach and hands to change the temperature of his body.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suggest you buy a duyan. It helps them feel secured and comfortable. He won't be too dependent on you or to his dad. It's ok to carry him now becuase he still 1 month you may think but it's the best time also to set the discipline on an earlier stage.-- ruby

    ReplyDelete